Technology Services Provider: Organizing for Growth; Putting a Sales Process in Place
A technology services provider lacked an effective sales process. In addition, the company's organizational structure effectively prevented growth, while a few clients dominated the company's energy and time.
Opus Partners conducted the following assessments for the company:
- Organizational assessment of company, including structure, value proposition and mission statement, among other items.
- Employee profiling.
- Partnership profiling.
- Gap analysis
Opus Partners developed the following tools for growth.
- Implemented partner and prospect profile process.
- Implemented consultative solution selling process with key questions to identify business needs.
- Reviewed and reorganized proposal development and presentation process.
- Implemented sales opportunity management system.
- Created written sales strategies and tactics.
- Reorganized staff responsibilities and established hiring process for additional staff.
- Established metrics to measure success of partnership program, effectiveness of account management and growth potential.
The company achieved the following as a result of the Opus Partners recommendations:
- Revenue is up for the past 2 years on average 82% the first year and over 100% the second year.
- Average deal size increased by 115%.
- Predictable revenue growth has allowed company to double office space and programming staff.
- More effective sales strategies.
- Have 2-3 new business partners.
- Increase in productivity in sales and management by 20%
"Opus really helped us learn when to engage and disengage with the right prospects and clients. The result has been a record growth year in 2005, which exceeded our expectations."
-Alex Smith, Reflexions Data Partner
[ back ]
home | results | speeding growth in a competitive space